ESL for Worcester-Area Residents
The American Language and Culture Institute (ALCI) at Clark University offers non-credit courses in English as a Second Language (ESL) and American Studies for adults in the greater Worcester area who have limited proficiency in the English language. The courses are designed to help students improve their English language skills for academic, professional, or personal reasons.
Major features include:
- ESL instruction at up to 6 levels
- Morning, afternoon and evening course offerings
- Small classes taught by dedicated professionals
- A diverse community and international student population
- A Clark University I.D. which provides access to university events (social activities, campus lectures, and films), libraries, computer laboratories, and the Kneller Athletic Center
- 5-week day programs beginning in May and July and a 12 week evening program beginning in May
- 15 week day and evening programs beginning in August and January.
Joining the Community ESL Program
- Students should be at least 18 years old.
- All new students must take a placement test and attend an orientation/registration session on the dates scheduled.
Financial Assistance/Payment Plans
- There is no financial assistance available for students in the Community ESL Program.
- Payment plans are available for students enrolling in programs lasting 12 weeks or longer. The first payment is due at registration.
Tuition and Fees (2014/15 Academic Year)
- Community ESL Program Tuition: $425.00 per non-credit course
- Materials fee: $10 per course
- Tuition and fees are payable at registration. ALCI accepts cash, checks, Mastercard, and Discover.
- The materials fee does not cover the cost of textbooks. Textbooks can be purchased at Barnes & Noble (the Clark University bookstore) located at 918 Main Street.